Since 1925, our company has manufactured quality heat transfer, refrigeration, and air handling equipment for industrial, commercial, utility, and marine markets. Our custom engineered Marlo heat transfer solutions are used in a variety of configurations to cool, heat, and dehumidify air streams for process and building comfort.
Marlo History Timeline
New Business Started
Caesar and Angelo Marlo formed Marlo Coil
The needs of World War II presented Marlo Coil with the opportunity to supply coils for naval vessels around the world.
New Coil Design
With the post-war electrification of the U.S., hundreds of small towns built private electric power generating stations using diesel engine driven generators, with oil systems that had to be site cooled. Marlo developed a die to flatten round tubes and create excellent heat transfer coils for oil cooling, filling the need for multi-hundred horsepower oil coolers for many years.
H.K. Porter Holding Company
The Marlo family sold Marlo Coil to the H.K. Porter Holding Company.
Marlo Coil Liquidation
H.K. Porter Holding Company decided to liquidate Marlo Coil. However, the company still had a long list of unshipped Navy orders. So David Ault financed the purchase of the company assets from Porter – including the dies, equipment, files, etc. necessary to fill the Navy orders. He rented a vacant section of the Ford plant in St. Louis and the company was reborn under the name of Nuclear Cooling, Inc.
Marlo Coil Brand Name
David Ault purchased the exclusive rights to the name Marlo Coil.
New manufacturing facilities totaling 210,000 square feet were built in High Ridge, Missouri, just 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Engineered Support Systems
Marlo Coil was acquired by Engineered Support Systems, Inc.
Marlo Coil was acquired by DRS Technologies through its merger with Engineered Support Systems, Inc., and the company was renamed DRS Marlo Coil.
Marlo Coil was acquired by Finmeccanica Company through its acquisition of DRS Technologies.
New Parent Company Name
DRS Technologies became known as Leonardo DRS.